Friday, September 2, 2016

"Why would you want to go to Thailand?", people said shocked when they found out my summer travel plans. I can easily tell you why not, maybe the 30-hour travel time, the fact that I know absolutely no Thai, and I have no idea who or if there will be the promised person waiting in the welcome area of the Bangkok airport. However, I can also tell you why you would want to go to Thailand, you get to go to Thailand.

As the trip quickly approached, I was left shocked myself. Traveling in my family is often for relaxation, merely a get away from our normal lives, Thailand though seemed different. While many would argue the tropical nature of the country would be relaxing, I was worried for a different outcome. We would be completely out of our comfort zone the entire time, to the point of being taxed. Thus, when I walked into the O'Hare airport, I reminded myself that this was to be a wild adventure. Rather my mom and I would be traveling for the crazy memories, the one time experiences, but to be very honest- the food and $16 two hour massages.

I hope to share some of the wild experiences, embarrassing events, and things that we stumbled across.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad. Sounds interesting, I'm excited to hear about your food escapades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good prompt that could have good content for the semester. My cousins are from Thailand and my aunt and uncle talk about it but I'm sure I'll learn more about it while being entertained through these posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! Like Van, my Aunt spent 13 years in Thailand, and her Thai husband and their baby now live in the U.S.A. I'll be interested to hear your perspective as more of a tourist, and will definitely keep reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete